Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Squidge

So nearly all of my post have revolved around weight loss, and this one is no different (for the most part). Today, I would like to talk about squidge. Squidge sounds like a cute fun filled word, however, it has the same connotations as "muffin top" - you know, that delicious part of the muffin...not quite. I'm actually referring to the fat that hangs over your pantaloons (pants for those of you who don't quite know lingo yet lol), which I now lovingly refer to as my squidge.

There are those out there who prefer the muffin top, you're wobbly bits, spare tire, or just plain fat. I personally prefer squidge as you can talk about it, and most people in the room won't have a clue as to what you're discussing.

Though I have lost weight and am proud of myself, I'm still feeling the squidge, literally.



I went to the store the other day as I have been craving a shopping spree, even a mini one. I went into Forever 21 (my new favorite store), grabbed one of everything, and headed off to the dressing rooms.

I have wanted skinny jeans um...forever (21) and I finally fit into a pair - a few pairs actually. I was so excited that I grabbed them all and promptly headed out of the dressing room when I stopped in my tracks. I turned around, walked back into the dressing room, stripped, re-changed and actually looked at myself.

I was so astounded that I fit into the jeans that I didn't even really look at myself. I suffer from pear syndrome: my body resembles a pear. Delicious fruit, ugly shape. In other words I'm very "A" framed and skinny jeans are tricky with a body like mine. I need to tone up a bit more (ok a lot) and try again. I hope skinny jeans are still in when I actually have a chance to look good in them.

New goal - continue doing what I'm doing. Add in more weights. Lose 2 inches per leg, another few on my squidge and attempt a skinny jean shopping spree again.

Blah.

PS: don't people claim this gets easier in time? Well how much time, because I still struggle every day.

Why can't weight loss be as easy and enjoyable as weight gain?

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha I love the word Squidge!! although it also reminds me a bit of a fart... a wet one...

    ReplyDelete